What is The Great Game of Business®?
The Great Game of Business (The Great Game) is a style of open-book management that has helped thousands of organizations increase engagement and improve company results by begging the question, “What if we could approach our day-to-day business activities with the same state of preparation, the same level of knowledge, the same enthusiasm, and most importantly, the same desire to win as we do with any competitive endeavor we pursue?”
The following are the basic principles of The Great Game:
- Know & Teach the Rules, because every employee should be given the measures of business success and taught to understand them.
- Follow the Action & Keep Score, because every employee should be expected and enabled to act on their knowledge to improve performance.
- Provide a Stake in the Outcome, because every employee should have a direct stake in the company’s success or risk of failure.
The Great Game has formed a circle of expert Practitioners and Coaches to help facilitate your company’s transformation.
The Great Game of Business is about running your business in a strategic, forward thinking fashion. Employees are taught the rules of business, enabled and expected to improve performance based on that knowledge, and given a Stake in the Outcome—good or bad. They aren’t looking to historical financial information for answers; they are forecasting the future of the business and making it happen.
Written by Jack Stack of SRC Holdings, and with Bo Burlingham, The Great Game of Business outlines how to apply The Great Game to your company and the results you might come to expect. However, for those organizations struggling with self-implementation, The Great Game has formed circle of expert Practitioners and Coaches to help facilitate your company’s transformation.
As a Great Game Practitioner and Coach, I have been trained to bring The Great Game to your company.
As your Practitioner and Coach, I can:
- Give you the tools, information and understanding of The Great Game
- Provide you with the skills and resources to implement it within your organization
- Provide you with the support and extra attention you deserve
- Help you achieve your objectives as quickly as possible
- Create a relationship that offers ongoing assistance
Or for more information on The Great Game of Business and open-book management, please visit The Great Game website.